As expected, Eagle Eye, the new thriller from Disturbia director D.J. Caruso took the top spot at the US box-office this weekend, making more than 29 million bucks. The romantic comedy Nights In Rodanthe came in second while last week’s big winner Lakeview Terrace dropped to third place. Finishing up the top 5 are the Christian-themed drama Fireproof, which did incredibly well consider its theater count, and Burn After Reading, which is holding quite well. Interestingly, Miracle At St. Anna, the World War II film from Inside Man director Spike Lee flopped big time, entering at number 9 with only three and a half million.
Full top 20 with earnings after the jump.
- Eagle Eye 29.2 million
- Nights In Rodanthe 13.6 million
- Lakeview Terrace 7 million
- Fireproof 6.5 million
- Burn After Reading 6.2 million
- Igor 5.5 million
- Righteous Kill 3.8 million
- My Best Friend’s Girl 3.8 million
- Miracle At St. Anna 3.5 million
- The Family That Preys 3.2 million
- Chost Town 2.9 million
- The Women 2.7 million
- The Dark Knight 1.7 million
- Choke 1.3 million
- The House Bunny 1.2 million
- Tropic Thunder 1.2 million
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona 0.7 million
- The Duchess 0.6 million
- Mamma Mia! 0.6 million
- Journey To The Center Of The Earth 0.5 million
For more details and films under the top 20, go here.